Tuesday 13 October 2009

Which way is forward???

Anyone that knows me, will know hard I have worked, I strive to achieve the perfect wedding stationery downloadable store. Wanting to get great results, so that customers, and brides to be will finally be able to make perfect wedding stationery, using their home pc & printer. This project is on going, and although I sometimes feel there is no end to this learning tunnel, each day I get that little bit closer.

Although today, was a very hard, long day... decisions being made, of which is the best way forward to create the perfect wedding stationery downloadable templates.
And after years of research, and long hours of working out, how to get the best working downloads, I think I have finally made my decision.

I have always thought that the downloads would be best on a pdf file, so alot of work has gone into finding the best way to apply text to a pdf file that is editable, and just knowing that pdf's were more transportable seemed to make sense. This was a trial, templates were designed and made, with editable areas using adobe acrobat editable text boxes, but it did not sit right, and I found it really difficult to edit, so it failed, after hours and days of trying to make this work, in the end, it was time to call the plug on using an editable pdf file. I felt really deflated, and have felt like giving up.

But today, after chatting to a great digital graphic designer; Amanda, and listening to her input, we think the best way forward, is to make our downloads as simple and easy to use with templates on word doc's, or maybe on two files; pdf's for images, and word documents for text inserts.
So there we have it... I am getting closer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 The Craft Cabin & Wedding Crafts - Website Design by x3 Internet Solutions